Your brain will work tirelessly to achieve the statements you give your subconscious mind. And when those statements are the affirmations and images of your goals, you are destined to achieve them! – Jack Canfield.
The saying that “A picture is worth a thousand words” stands true for vision boards. A vision board is a visualization tool which is used to activate “The Law of attraction”. The beauty of this tool is its simplicity and exclusiveness. You can easily design it for achieving your individual goals. I find Vision boards very effective and valuable for manifesting dreams. It is powerful enough to motivate the mind whenever you look at it. According to Psychology Today, mental practices (like visualization) can increase motivation, confidence, and even motor performance. In fact, in one study, researchers found that, in athletes, visualization was almost as effective as physical practice.
Recently I made a vision board using Tarot cards, representing various areas of my life where I needed transformation. Using Tarot cards was very easy because they cover all the aspects of our lives. The Major Arcana especially is very potent to sow seeds of powerful change. Before you get on to make a vision board ask yourself a few questions about your goals and where you want to be by the end of the year. Find your inspiration like motivational quotes, career goals, meaningful career keepsakes etc. There are two ways through which you can make your tarot vision boards. First focus on your goals and intentions for the year and while you focus simply shuffle through and pull a card for each goal and second consciously pick appropriate card from the deck. For e.g. if you want to grow at work then the Sun card or the Magician card would be fine. There are a few strong cards in the Minor Arcana as well which can be used for the vision board.
For your ease here is a list of few goals and cards.
1. Work/Career: The Magician, the Empress, The Emperor, The Chariot, The Wheel of Fortune, The Sun, King of Wands, Queen of Wands, 6 of Wands, 8 of Wands, 2 of Cups,
2. Love/Relationship: The Empress, The Lovers, Ace of Cups, 2 of Cups, Knight of Cups, 10 of Cups, 4 of Wands.
3. Holiday/Travel: The Fool, The Chariot, The World, 8 of Wands, 3 of Wands.
4. Finance/Money: Wheel of Fortune, Ace of Pentacles, 4 of Pentacles, 9 of Pentacles, 10 of Pentacles, Queen of Pentacles, King of Pentacles.
5. Spiritual Development: The High Priestess, The Hierophant, The Hermit, The Star, The Judgement, ace of Cups, 4 of Cups, 8 of Pentacles.
What you’ll need for making a vision board
• Any kind of board or drawing paper.
• Scissors, tape, pins, and/or a glue-stick to put your board together.
• If you want, fun markers, stickers, or anything else you can think of to decorate your board.
• Magazines that you can cut images and quotes from. Lots of stuff available online on google and Pinterest.
• Most importantly, the stuff you want to look at every day. Photos, quotes, sayings, images of places you want to go, reminders of events, places, or people, postcards from friends and just about anything that will inspire you.
• Time. Give yourself a stress-free hour or two to put your board together.
There is only one major rule to creating a vision board that works, and it’s that there aren’t any rules. You can create your vision board on your own terms.
Cheers to 2021